Physical Therapists can help you to regain and build skills that are important to functioning independently.
We use a holistic approach to assess and treat patients with physical and mental impairments. We focus on daily activities such as dressing, bathing, eating, preparing meals, and managing the home after treatment. We can also teach you and your care givers how to use devices that can make these activities easier. In addition to dealing with patients’ physical well-being, occupational therapists can also address social and environmental issues that may be causing you trouble.
Physical Therapists can treat:
- Decreased strength
- Decreased range of motion
- Difficulty walking
- Decreased balance
- Neuropathy (tingling, numbness, pain, or weakness due to nerve damage)
- Fatigue related to treatment for cancer
- Scar tissue adhesions
- Radiation fibrosis
How do the Physical Therapist treat injures, pulled or weak muscles, etc?
- Therapeutic Exercises-stretching: pilates, physioball training, circuit training
- Functional Activities: gait training, ascending/descending stairs, bed mobility
- Moist Heat/Cold packs: Used to reduce inflammation and pain
- Ultrasound: used to reduce resolution of pain and inflammation
- Massage: used to reduce muscle spasm, decrease pain and improve function
As a result of obtaining your Physical with Medical Associates of Brownsville, you will experience excellent patient customer service from our highly qualified staff. You will also learn, through constant education and supervision, how to recognize your physical limitations, and how to avoid future injuries. Our goal is to return you back to a better quality of life and functional capacity and teach you techniques to keep you there.